Thursday, December 24, 2009

Twas the night before Christmas...


Dear Santa,
I have made a special effort today to be an extra good boy. I got up early to go with Mommy for one last time at ringing the bell for the Salvation Army. The people scurrying into Walmart were different this time. They mostly were men with frantic looks on their faces, acting like they were on a very serious mission. They didn't pay much attention to me going in...they were all staring straight ahead and walking in very fast. They were much calmer when they came out, carrying such things as crockpots, toaster ovens, coffee machines, electric blankets and other small appliances. They were usually pretty good about stopping and giving me a dollar or two. I'm glad Walmart is such a comforting place for them.
Mommy spent the afternoon trying to clean up the house and get some food cooked for a dinner tonight. I stayed out of her way and behaved very well. Did you notice that, Santa?
Now I am ready for you to come fill my stocking. I am keeping it very close to me so that you will know which one is mine. I know that you have been watching those other "princess dogs" very closely, and they have not been very good lately, so I want you to be sure and put the good gifts in my stocking, and the coal in theirs. Remember: mine says B-I-S-H-O-P.
Love, Bishop

No comments:

Post a Comment